HSH 074: 5 Steps to Simplify Your Facebook Ads
Are you feeling overwhelmed with the state of your Facebook ads right now? On this episode we are diving deep on how to keep Facebook ads simple, as the Power Editor, targeting options and platform as a whole continue to get more and more complicated. Listen in for the five action steps that you can take immediately to get your ads on track, as well as details on free training I’ll be offering very shortly!
There’s a perception that once someone gets their Facebook ads working, all of their ads will work all of the time, which just isn’t the case. The reality is that you will be constantly testing, tweaking and evolving your ads as time progresses. Here are the 5 steps you can take to simplify your Facebook ads:
1. Set a Goal - Your ads always need to have a purpose, so figure out what yours is and don’t get distracted and lost in all the features within Facebook.
2. Get Educated (and Stay Current) - You’ll want to make sure you’re educated and staying current on what’s working before you even go into Ads Manager. There are lots of free training that myself and other marketers offer and this step is the biggest “secret” to being successful with Facebook advertising.
3. Go Back To Basics - To keep it easy, all you really need to do with your ads is to run traffic to a place that generates leads and make sure you have a system in place to turn those leads into sales! If you’re stuck, go to a course or webinars and the basic and follow it step-by-step.
4. Time, Patience and Breathing - Sometimes we can get a little jaded with the industry because of all the messages we’re being sold every day about people creating crazy results, like 10X returns with Facebook ads. I’m happy if I double or triple my investment with Facebook ads, and you should be too!
You need to give yourself time to make it all work and if you’re new to Facebook ads and have a launch or webinar coming up, give yourself at least 14 days to starting running your ads so you can make adjustments as you go.
5. Scale Slowly - One you get an ad running successful, what do you do? Do you put a ton of money on it? No! There are rules to follow on how to scale your ads the right way, and you really can’t scale more than 25 to 50% a day once you have an ad working if you want it to keep working. Don’t forget that the successful players in this industry took their time and energy to successfully scale their businesses, often doing it over many years.
There you have it – my 5 steps to simplify your Facebook ads. Sign up for my free training starting on October 2nd and we’re going to get your first ad up and running in about 5 days! Now get out there and let’s keep Facebook ads simple!